31 December 2011

End of the year

With the end of the year just under two and a half hours away it is time to reflect on the past 12 months.

The aim was to get my C permit by the end of this year but like all great plans there was a big spanner in the works when I broke my leg. Not content with that, it then got infected and then three months down the line just when I thought things were heading in the right direction I then went and got DVT!! So ringing activites were seriously curtailed for the best part of five months.

The weather for the last couple of months has done nothing to assist ringing activities either as there has been one gale after another.

There was a good end to the year this afternoon when I got a call from my trainer to say he had just had a catch in his garden, so I popped down to ring a Blackbird and a few House Sparrows, Greenfinches and Starlings. I also got there in time to take a few birds out of the whoosh net too.

Hopefully my leg and the weather will improve early in the new year and ringing activites can get back to normal.

It just remains for me to wish all my blog followers a very happy new year and I hope you will continue to follow the blog next year.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment