8 October 2012

25 and 27 July 12 - Fleetwood Nature Reserve

It has been a while since I last posted on my blog so now with the evenings starting to draw in and finding myself South on business and a bit of time in the evenings to catch up on things it is time to bring the blog up to date.

Just after I last posted back in July, I put an offer in on a cottage that we had viewed and decided that we would like to make our home. We had been renting a cottage for just over 4 years and with the clock ticking away towards the deadline for us to move out house hunting had been high on our list of summer activities.

Having put the offer in and had it accepted we then had a 5 week window before we collected the key, so sorting and packing became the number 1 activity. However at the end of July I had a work trip South and took the opportunity to go out with Seumus and Ian and do a couple of ringing sessions on the Fleetwood Nature reserve.

Both sessions were fairly quiet but I managed to ring with retraps in brackets:

Greenfinch              1

Reed Warbler           3 (2)

Willow Warbler         1 (1)

Wren                      2 (1)


As usual thanks to Seumus and Ian for having me along and thanks also to Ian for the Wren photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment